Friday, July 30, 2010

Over the moon ecstatic!

Sorry I couldn't wait till tomorrow to share this new cover. It just came in my email, and if I've ever squee'd, it's now. I love love love it! Right down to the fin on the spine. :) Kendra Egert did an amazing job.



The blurb is on the back cover (and you can read it if you click on the image to enlarge it), but Surfacing is the story of struggling indie rocker AJ Dillon, who moves to his grandfather's house in Florida because he has nowhere else to go. Grandpa lines up a job at Weeki Wachee Springs, home of the famous mermaid show. There he meets Cassiopeia, a real mermaid.

Whiskey Creek Press will release Surfacing in August.

This really made my day. What do you think??

9 comments:

Krista D. Ball said...

Outstanding art, Cate. Very catchy!

Rebecca Leigh said...

Wow -- I absolutely love it!!

Splash was one of my favorite movies growing up, I love the whole idea of a man and a mermaid. There's even a famous artist depiction here in paradise I'm dying to own. I can't wait to read this! Do you have a release date yet, Cate?

Arlene said...

I echo the other comments. What a spectacular cover. I know you keep looking at it, grinning ear to ear, and I dont blame you. It promises to be another great read with a release date right around the corner. Congrats!!!

Cate Masters said...

Thanks guys! I'm still happy dancing!
I wish I knew the release date, Rebecca - someone said this pub releases on the first and tenth, so if they release alphabetically by title, I'm guessing the tenth? I'm ready, whenever! :)

Vivi Dumas said...

The cover is beautiful. I love mermaids. Congrats!

Barbara Elsborg said...

It IS a lovely cover but even more great that you love it so much. I feel like that about my paranormal ones!! It gives me a real rush when I look at them. Congrats!!!!!!!

Cate Masters said...

Thanks guys! I have to admit, I must've looked at it twenty times yesterday. :)

Jay Di Meo said...

Ooh, a mermaid! And what a lovely cover! Congratulations!

Kiki Howell - Author said...

What a beautiful cover!

I have loved all of mine at WCPT, they have great cover artists!

The story sounds wonderful to match.

Congrats and Good Luck! At least the wait isn't too long either way :)

Kiki