Monday, October 5, 2026

Supernatural Dating Tips with Jennifer Silverwood Author of Bound Beauty


Vynasha’s Guide to Dating a Beast

I never thought I would find myself in this situation, but what person does? No one expects to find themselves trapped in a cursed castle with only ghosts and beasts for company. Now that this has happened to me, now that I know I am not the first maiden lured to Bitterhelm by old magick, I feel I must leave a few notes of advice behind. Best of luck to you, should you find yourself a prisoner as I have become.


1. Treat him kindly during the day, when he looks and acts (mostly) like a man. After nightfall, when he shifts into his beastly form, he may treat you more gently if you’re kind. This can be a great challenge, I know, as the beast during daylight hours is prone to acting like an ass. 

2. If you hear him growling outside your (locked) bedroom door, keep calm. He isn’t fully in control of his furry self and is prone to acting on instinct.

3. If you find yourself waking the next morning slumped against the inside of your bedroom door, don’t panic. You most likely sleepwalked trying to reach him and your locked door kept you from meeting an untimely end. 

4. Some nights, you may find yourself too eager to explore the castle. This is fine, so long as you don’t find yourself in the dungeons. If you do, look for a grumpy gatekeeper called Grendel. He can show you the secret way back to your bedroom.

5. On that note, if you choose to wander against all sensible advice, do avoid running into your beast. If he remembers your scent, he may choose not to devour you and instead drag you back to his lair. 

6. If he does drag you back to his lair, try singing his favorite song, and only offer very light petting and cuddles. 

7. Remember, he only wears the skin of a beast under starlight, so don’t be surprised when you wake up alone the next morning. A beast is still a beast, no matter the skin he wears. 





Bound Beauty
Wylder Tales 
Book Three
Jennifer Silverwood

Genre: Dark Fantasy / Fairy Tales
Publisher: SilverWoodSketches
Date of Publication: July 14, 2026
ISBN: 979-8186406099
ASIN: B0GY9XF3LC
Number of pages: 390
Word Count: 96,456

Cover Artist: Qamber Designs and Media

Tagline: Forgotten gods haunt her steps, and the cursed prince she left behind isn't done fighting for her soul.

Book Description:

Vynasha is bound to the prince of Bitterhelm. Even if she were to die, her spirit will remain trapped with him in the castle forever. But she won't give in to Grendel without a fight. With the aid of an oracle, a witchling, and the wolf that claims her heart, Vynasha plans to claim her power as the curse breaker.

Ceddrych guards their nephew secretly while fighting to keep the feral beasts roaming their borders at bay. But the monsters are closing in, and the madness he has struggled with drives him to one desperate, unforgivable act.

A war is about to begin between the forgotten people of Wylderland and the cruel might of Bitterhelm. Beings of prophecy and legend unite in the epic third chapter of the Wylder Tales Series, a romantic gothic re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.

Excerpt

IN A FORGOTTEN CASTLE IN WYLDERLAND…

Alone with Grendel, the man she had been tempted to love, the prince she loathed, Vynasha didn’t want to wake up. Let her sleep for a thousand years like the cursed princess, Morana. Let these walls crumble, the rose garden spread throughout the keep with thorns and vines to keep the world out forever.

“I know you are awake, Ashes.”

Vynasha opened her eyes. The prince stood before the hearth, his back to her. He hadn’t changed clothes since she had last seen him. Yet his faintly luminous skin had dimmed from bronze to the dull gray she remembered. “What happened?” she asked.

“A fever in your sleep. Odym says it was the runes.” Grendel’s shoulders hunched as he hung his head. “I should not have come, I know this. But I…” he twisted to face her. “Forgive me, Vynasha, but I cannot stay away from you any longer. I could feel your pain through the bond, yet there was nothing I could do to stop her,” he growled. “Do not ask me to leave you again, I beg of you.”

Vynasha should have been disgusted, but she was coming to accept the fact that Odym had been right. No matter how she truly felt, they needed each other. And she could not deny the way his words danced about her mind and breathed life back into her limbs.

“I wish I could tell you I was different,” he continued, “before my mother cursed me. But the truth is, I was always a monster.” Grendel drew his shoulders back and lifted his chin, pushing away from the fireplace mantel. He shook his head and held his hands before him, palms upturned. “I never wanted to be my father. I shall not make his mistakes, and so I will be honest with you, Ash. No more secrets.”

She shuddered and desperately wished she could bathe, could banish dreams of Nymwe and be rid of the prince. The dread she felt before only grew as Grendel paused, clenching his fists as though steeling himself for words he could not take back.

“I owe you everything, so much more than you know. When you willingly accepted the curse, you took some of the monster into you. I have not been forced to change into a beast ever since. It has given me time to remember myself in your absence, who I was and who I hope to be.”

Vynasha ground her sharp teeth. So they not only shared a bond with his spirit, but she had taken part of his beast? That they were forced to share something she had learned to take pride in made her ill.

Whatever he saw in her face must have pained him, enough for him to turn away. “Forgive me. I shall go. I should have never hoped…” He shook his head, dispelling whatever he might have said as he took two more steps to the door.

She traced the tip of her tongue on her lip, tasting the blood she spilled to forget. His hand was on the doorknob when she said, “Wait.” The strength behind her command surprised her and caused the prince to freeze in place.

Vynasha lifted her hand with surprising ease. “Stay?”

We need each other.

His graying skin flickered to golden life as he turned with hope burning in his violet eyes. “Always.”

At his word, his promise, Vynasha released the breath she didn’t know she had been holding. Even then, a small corner of her mind railed against her actions, at the feelings she couldn’t seem to control. It must Grendel’s influence, his feelings trickling through their bond.

This is wrong.

Still, she couldn’t deny how the persistent itch beneath her skin abated with him beside her, holding her hand. It shouldn’t have mattered. Truly, she hated how easily she gave in to these feelings. She could never tell him. Grendel had bound her life to his. Even if she were to leave, to beg the wylderfolk to take her back into their home, she would never be rid of him. And the longer she remained in the prince’s castle, the less she wanted to be free.


About the Author:

Jennifer Silverwood lives in the middle of an enchanted forest surrounded by cursed books, nosy spirits, and mischievous goblins she calls her children. After beginning several nonsensical degrees, she found her calling helping other authors bring their books to life. Jennifer is the author of two fairy tale fantasy series: the Borderlands Saga and Wylder Tales. Because she wasn't satisfied writing in one genre, she also invites you to explore uncharted space with the Heaven’s Edge Novellas—and dare to fall in love again with the standalone romance titles Stay and She Walks in Moonlight.









No comments: